Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Freudian Thought

This week, while enjoying a nice cold one,  I read up on some of the encapsulating and profound teachings of the nuerologlists, Sigmund Freud. I can remember learning about the well chronicled and widely taught concepts of pyscoanalysis,  the id, the ego and the super ego. The infamous id, no doubt, being the strongest in many of us, always fascinated me the most because it catered to the wants and the often  times, wayward or selfish desires of people. Desires, I think we all agree, is what gets some into trouble the most. The old adage, What looks good to you, is not always good for you, comes to mind.  The superego is probably the one that (though, not quite as much fun as the eclectic, id) stays our hand, when we, for example, see someone counting big face one hundred dollar bills in public, and keeps us from smashing them over the head with a stick, grabbing the loot, and then racing to the car for the get away. Or for some--selling sex, knowingly passing on an STD, burglary, auto theft, lying, cheating and murder. Maybe its the great ego itself, that holds down the fort, chiefly because of its sensible and reserved tact. It's ability to balance our mini-me devils and angels, the ones that stand upon each shoulder when any, one, moral question in our lives is posed.  I'm not sure, but I think we can all agree that if others knew the thoughts we sometime harbored in our head, they would probably be shocked, shaken, horrified, ghost-faced, embarassed and probably pissed at that awful thought. Probably, on that really bad thought, you know the one! Yeah, that one! They'd run like hell. But perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps I'm just another babbling blogger--blah,blah,blah. Maybe know one else was thinking it. Maybe, its just me. That's fine, let's drink anyhow--cheers!  One for the team . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment