Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Healing Power of Laughter

Ever noticed how good you feel after a hearty fit of laughter. The one where you giggle so hard that tears flood your eyes and your stomach feels like there's this big knot in it.(OK, maybe that's a little too hard.) But I've found that I recover the best when I can laugh at a situation that at first seemed dismal. Especially at work, particularly at work. I don't want to be preachy, but laughter is good for the soul and it should be administered whenever possible(Probably, I should take more of mine own advice here). There is a healing in it, however "cliche" it may sound. But I'm talking about the real world, when you don't know how your going to pay that house note, or that car note(that is if you're blessed to have one or the other) or if dinner option for the day is going to be ramen noodles or crackers and cheese. Dealing with life's issues, some things are out of our control and we shouldn't take it so seriously, especially if its become harmful to our health. So, if you haven't done it today, take some time out and pray and be thankful for what you have. Then, enjoy something with a little humor in it, a magazine or favorite reality show, perhaps,(I've found "America's Got Talent" amazingly therapuetic), it'll do you good.

1 comment:

  1. You know laughter is good food for the soul. I think sometimes we take everything and ourselves so serious that we forget we are human and that laughter is apart of our being. We want to be perfect and everything around us to be perfect that we can't even laugh at our mistakes. I have found that sometimes my own mistakes are the funniest and everything there after is hilarious. If we laughed more often, we would see its healing power, it bonding strength and probably some wet backsides. LOL...

    ReplyDelete