Wednesday, April 4, 2012

SHEILA first draft complete!

After one year of working my way through a story that buzzed to get out of my head, I've finally finished the first book of a trilogy. Sheila, is a young adult fantasy novel about a troubled young girl who finds out she is a descendant of a rare breed of Lycan. Once I had Sheila, the character, firmly in my head (tomboy, feisty(though these two undoubtedly go hand and hand), smart, adventurous; yet, troubled, lonely and curious). I know what your thinking, Doesn't sound like any teenager I know, (HA!), I was ready to go forward, and I did. The story has been alot of fun writing; exciting at times, but other times heart wrenching, and still others, scary. 
I am now beginning second draft and wildly excited because I get to take the first adventure with Sheila, Gina and Agog all over again. But this time, I get to hone and polish where the pen may have gotten a tidbit excited. Soon, I'll publish several excerpts of the story right here on the site, so stay tune!

FYI, in the coming months, I will have a few chapters of both novels posted on Anthology.com. The HarperCollins site for unpublished writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment